Altierus Career College Houston Hobby
7151 Office City Drive, Suite 100
Phone: (713) 645-7404
Fax: (713) 645-7346
Go to Map >
Mon - Thu: 9 am to 6 pm
Fri: 8 am to 5 pm
Sat - Sun: Closed
Today's jobs require education and training. If you live in southeast Houston metro and are considering a career in health care, but feel community colleges aren't for you, then Altierus Career College's Houston Hobby campus can help you get the knowledge, skills and experience today's employers demand.
At Altierus Career College, you'll enjoy the benefits of:
- Small classes – Classes are limited in size, so you can get the personal attention you may need.
- Small work teams – A lot of your classroom work will be done in teams, so you can get the benefits of your classmates' experience as well as share your own.
- Hands-on instruction – Here, boring lectures are replaced by actual training with modern tools of the trade.
- Experienced instructors – Most Altierus instructors are actual industry professionals. They know what demands you'll face in the real world and teach accordingly.
The Hobby campus is located just north of the intersection of I-45 and the South Loop of 610. The campus has modern classrooms, lab rooms, a student lounge and administrative areas.
Altierus Career College's Houston Hobby campus offers a variety of activities and events to give you a great student experience. These include our:
- Igniter Ambassador Program – School can sometimes be a confusing place. Our Igniter ambassadors are experienced students who “know the ropes” and make themselves available to help whenever you have a question, problem or situation that you need additional help with.
- In-House Program Clinics – Our Career Services professionals stage regular workshops where you can learn and practice the skills you need to compete successfully in today's job market.
- CARE Program – Our concern for our students doesn't stop at the classroom door. That's why we offer support with a range of personal issues that can impact your performance and well being. Whether it's getting quality child care or getting assistance planning a household budget, our CARE program professionals can help.
At Altierus Career College's Houston Hobby campus, a great education means more than just learning a marketable skill. By helping others, you'll help yourself by learning responsibility, empathy and interpersonal skills that can last a lifetime. The campus provides various opportunities for you to volunteer and support community groups.
Please feel free to drop by our Houston Hobby campus at any time for a tour. We'd love to see you!
At Altierus Houston Hobby, you'll have a team dedicated to your success both inside and outside of the classroom. Available resources include:
- Help with transportation, if needed, including rideshare or carpool options
- Campus library with available computers open during following hours:
- 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday
- Campus bookstore, with supplies like books, scrubs and backpacks, open from:
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday and Wednesday
- 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
- Scheduled tutoring available (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- For a quick snack while on campus, there are several vending machines located in the Student Lounge
- Several restaurants and cafés available nearby
- Recommendations for nearby child care services*
*Speak with a campus representative for more information
Transportation and Parking
At Altierus Houston Hobby, parking, public transportation and major access includes:
- Accessibility to Interstate 45 and the South Loop of Interstate 610
- Available ample parking lot at no additional cost within campus grounds and located not more than 30 feet from the school entrance
- Metro bus stops near Intersection of Office City Drive and Evergreen Drive
- Carpool or rideshare programs available
Safety & Security Are a Priority
At Altierus, we're committed to creating a safe learning environment free from preventable harm from physical assault, threatening behavior, theft, or other security-related issues. Our campuses have multiple safety precautions in place including a professional security staff and physical security measures such as cameras, alarms, and secured access where appropriate. Additionally, we maintain and regularly test emergency response plans that will help us to effectively manage any type of on-campus emergency.