Thanks for your interest in our program. Everest is now Altierus Career College and Career Education.
Altierus Career College Chesapeake
825 Greenbrier Circle #100
Phone: (757) 361-3900
Fax: (757) 361-3917
Go to Map >
Mon - Thu: 8:30 am to 7 pm
Fri: 8:30 am to 5 pm
Sat: 9 am to 1 pm
You know you want more out of life. You also know education can open doors previously closed to you. At Altierus Career College in Chesapeake, located in Northern Virginia's (NoVa) Hampton Roads, you can boost your earning power by getting a diploma or associate degree in one of several popular career fields, including health care, skilled trades or business.
Altierus has a team dedicated to your success by supporting you in your education and by helping you gain the skills and experience you need to be an attractive job candidate to local employers. Class sizes are limited to make sure you can get the personal attention you may need. You also learn from a hands-on approach with simulated workplace settings so you can really get the feel of what it's like to apply your new knowledge and skills to real-world situations.
You can learn from instructors who are industry professionals and who will share practical knowledge along with your academic education. And once you graduate, you will receive assistance from our trained and dedicated Career Services staff who will provide help with job-hunting support, including resume writing, interview preparation and setting up appointments with local employers.
If you're serious about improving your future and your life through practical career training, Altierus Career College in Chesapeake is the school for you. We serve students throughout NoVA, including the Hampton Roads communities of Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Portsmouth and Norfolk.
Enter our modern 26,900-square-foot campus and prepare to change your life. Here you'll find a student library, student lounge, Internet cafe, six lecture rooms, five computer labs, three medical laboratories, a dental lab, pharmacy technician lab, and electrician and HVAC labs. These labs give you the opportunity to learn by doing. Further support is provided by our library/resource center, administrative offices, student lounge and book store.
All facilities are easily accessible to both day and evening students with ample parking and comply with the guidelines established by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The campus is conveniently located in the center of seven cities of Hampton Roads and is within a short walk to the Chesapeake Conference Center and close to the Chesapeake Regional Medical Center and the Greenbrier Mall. You can reach us easily by interstate or by bus.
Altierus Career College's Chesapeake campus offers a variety of activities and events to give you the complete student experience. These include our:
- Igniter Ambassador Program – Have a question? Need help? Need a friend? Ask an Igniter ambassador. Ambassadors are fellow students who volunteer to give you support when you need it. Don't hesitate to approach an ambassador when you have a question about school facilities, tutoring, study tips or any other concerns.
- Career Workshops – These events are hosted by Career Services staff and program directors who can help you better understand how your new knowledge and skills can be put to use in the working world.
- In-House Program Clinics – Prepare yourself for the working world with hands-on workshops in the skills you need to get a job – and get ahead!
- CARE Program – We understand that life's challenges can sometimes impact your college experience. Our CARE program can help provide solutions to your transportation, child care and other personal challenges so you have more time and energy to focus on your education.
- Holiday Activities – Celebrate the holidays with your fellow students and their families through coordinated activities such as dinners and other functions. With a culturally diverse population, we appreciate all the advantages this can bring to our campus and community.
At Altierus Career College in Chesapeake, a great education means more than just learning a marketable skill. By helping others, you'll help yourself by learning responsibility, empathy and interpersonal skills that can last a lifetime. We provide you with opportunities to grow through our involvement and support of important community groups and events such as:
- Toys for Tots
- Food Bank of Hampton Roads
- Urban League of Hampton Roads
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
- Chesapeake Public Schools
- Hampton Roads Workforce Development Board (Opportunity Inc.)
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
American Red Cross National Technical Honor Society
Please feel free to drop by our Chesapeake campus at any time for a tour. We'd love to see you!
At Altierus Career College's Chesapeake campus, we have made every effort to provide you with the tools and resources you need to stay focused on reaching your educational goals. Our on-site resources include:
- A library open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays, with computers available for student use.
- Tutoring available from instructors during regular school hours.
- Drinks and snacks available from vending machines in the student lounge.
- A variety of restaurants located in the nearby Parkview Shops shopping center and the Greenbrier Mall.
- Several day care facilities situated within minutes of the campus. Recommendations are available from the campus upon request.
Safety & Security Are a Priority
At Altierus, we're committed to creating a safe learning environment free from preventable harm from physical assault, threatening behavior, theft, or other security-related issues. Our campuses have multiple safety precautions in place including a professional security staff and physical security measures such as cameras, alarms, and secured access where appropriate. Additionally, we maintain and regularly test emergency response plans that will help us to effectively manage any type of on-campus emergency.
Transportation and Parking
- This campus has ample free parking on site.
- The campus is situated just north of the intersection of the Hampton Roads Beltway (I-64) and Greenbrier Parkway.
- The campus is close to an HRT (Hampton Roads Transit) bus stop. A bus route schedule is posted in our Student Lounge.
- The campus encourages carpooling. Students who drive are advised to check with Student Services for more information.
State Code: CTO SCHEV